“Star Wars” & Malin Head Rock Climbing
Malin Head is one of the Star Wars film locations in Ireland, for the Last Jedi. Malin Head, Donegal was the build location for the Millennium Falcon and used as a location for the planet “Ahch-to”.
We provide the best, most authentic, behind the scenes tour at this Star Wars film location.
Combine your time at Malin Head with a rock climbing & Star Wars tour combo…
Group tours are offered for groups or 5 or more, smaller groups considered by are priced accordingly.
The BIG 3 For € 330 Offer!
Mountain Skills 1 & 2, plus the BOS Mountain Skills Assessment all for € 400pp (Group Rate).
This amazing offer will get you fully trained and assessed in the official Mountaineering Ireland, Mountain Skills navigation training syllabus. This involves 2 weekends of training (2 x 2 days) followed by the official Mountain Skills Assessment (2 days).
Training is delivered by Bren Whelan, a fully approved Senior Mountain Skills trainer and assessor, who holds the Mountain Instructors Certificate (MIC) and International Mountain Leader Award. This is your perfect chance to learn the best navigation skills, from one of Ireland’s top mountain trainers whose been delivering courses for 25 years!
The Big 2 for € 275!
Mountaineering Ireland & BOS – SPA Training course & SPA Assessment!
The skills covered on this 2-day course are – Personal rock climbing skills, personal & group abseil safety, lead climbing, route choice, belaying, rope work, group skills, coaching skills, movement skills, climbing wall use, session planning and progressive instructing.
Skills assessed and covered in this 2-day course: Personal climbing skills to Grade Severe, Group & Personal abseil safety, personal lead climbing, route choice, belaying, rope work, group skills, coaching skills, safety, bouldering & movement skills, climbing wall use, session planning and progressive instructing. Instructor ratio of 1:4
Total for SPA Training & Assessment € 275!
*Terms and Conditions for the BIG Training Deals are listed below*
Mountain Skills 1 (MS1): County Donegal
Ireland’s most comprehensive navigational course delivered in a creative way that ensures you learn all of the fundamental navigation skills for traveling in the mountains of Ireland and the UK.
• Learn map reading
• Grid references
• Measuring distances
• Calculating times for journeys
• Map setting – with & without the compass
• Feature identification
• Taking & following compass bearings
• Personal equipment
• Mountain hazards & mountain rescue/emergency procedures
• Leave No Trace
This course runs over two consecutive days, it involves two walks, as well as classroom-based talks.
Cost € 115 / £ 105 stg
Mountain Skills 2 (MS2): County Donegal
This course builds on the foundation provided in Mountain Skills 1 course, and it provides an enhanced skills programme that covers the following:
• Additional and more advanced map & compass navigational skills
• Night navigation
• Movement skills for steep ground
• Risk assessment for travel within steeper terrain
• Emergency equipment for a bivi
• Leave No Trace
This course is two days in duration and involves a day into night walk (Day 1) and traveling over steep ground (Day 2).
Cost € 120 / £ 110 stg
Mountain Skills Assessment (MS Assessment): County Donegal
The final stage in the BOS approved Mountain skills series and the gateway to the Irish Mountain Training Boards (BOS) Mountain Leader Scheme. This stage assesses the skills learned during MS1 & MS2. Candidates who are intending to undertake the MS assessment are required to write up their walks in an official BOS logbook. They must have logged at least 14 walks in 2 / 3 different hill/mountain areas of Ireland or the UK. At least four of these walks should be within two months of MS assessment.
Cost €175 / £ 160 stg
Malin Head Rock Climbing Deals 2019: Inishowen, County Donegal –
The Number 1 Signature Point on the ‘Wild Atlantic Way’
- Half and full day multi-pitch climbing are available at Ireland’s most Northerly Point.
- All equipment is provided – shoes, harness, helmet and all other specialist equipment.
- Cost based on 1:1 ratio is € 180pp
- Cost based on 1:2 ratio is € 105pp
Inishowen, County Donegal – Single Pitch Rock Climbing 2019 at Culdaff Blue Flag Beach
- Half, full and family climbing sessions are available at Culdaff.
- All equipment is provided – full body harnesses for children, harnesses for adults, shoes, helmets).
- Cost based on 1:1 ratio is from € 180pp
- Cost based on 1:2 ratio is from € 105 pp
- Cost based on a family of 4 is from € 250
2019 Training & Assessment Package Deals…
Terms & Conditions!
- A set of course dates will be provided for all training courses, from which you and your group must make your choice.
- A set of course dates will be provided for all assessment courses, from which you must all make your choice/s.
- Course locations/venues will also be set, from which you all must make your choice/s.
- All package deals must be pre-paid for, in full by all members, to avail of these offers – no part payments are allowed or accepted!
- You must all complete all of your training within the specified course dates – no exceptions!
- You must all complete all of your assessment within the specified course dates – no exceptions!
- Course fees secure your training deal, any withdrawal during the process, results in fees being forfeited.
- These offers can be bought as a voucher/gift for another person who is part of the training group.
- These offers are open to individuals and Non-Mountaineering Ireland & Mountaineering Ireland clubs only when part of a group of four or more.